B∞ks

Image from Unsplash

First off, let me start by saying, I’m an average reader. I’d say that because reading – outside of the set time in Language Arts (LA) class – is harder on the weekdays because I’ve got activities after school. But having the nice, calm, low energy environment for reading at the beginning of LA class makes it easier to enjoy reading as opposed to the high energy, busy, loud classroom.

I read because of all the stories and worlds people create and share. There are so many great mystery and fiction books (my personal favorites) that get you sucked in and make you envision worlds that you wish you could escape into. Like the Percy Jackson books for example. The reality where both Greek and Roman Deities and heroes exist in the modern world, one of my favorites. And the second book in The Lunar Chronicles. I’m still reading it but it’s one of those books that makes you ask your parents if you can stay up reading after nine o’clock at night.

Deciding what to read is a strategy that always changes all the time. Either someone recommends a book to me, it’s the next book in a series, or I liked the cover. Sometimes I go by the author. Like Rick Riordan, Shanon Messenger, JK Rowling, or Ronald Dahl. I also go by the genre. As I said before I LOVE mystery and fiction books. And I pretty much always read these two genres. This, as I myself have realized, isn’t the biggest problem but it’s definitely something that I would like to do. I just can’t bring myself to do it. It’s like when you procrastinate on something. Like homework. No, don’t gasp and think, “Oh my stars she procrastinates on her homework.” I know you’ve done it too. But leave a comment on any books that aren’t fiction or mystery. I’d love to have some recommendations. 

Published in6th Grade

Be First to Comment